Thursday, February 6, 2014

Asterion



Asterion

In a corner of one of the outer walls, a small part of the roof and wall have broken before the sky. Not even enough for me to slide a finger through. A short time each day - sunlight - the amazing sensation of photon travel interrupted by my solid matter. Watching through the crack as men build their mazes. So often, they are in each others' way. Laying out futile threads to remember a path for their life, as if they could ever go back. They grow frustrated, unable to navigate their own creations. Threads become tangled, then cut. I'll never waste my time looking for an exit. Someone built this maze for me and created me to navigate its halls. I am the star at its center. I give my labyrinth purpose just as it does the same for me.

8.5x11
pen on paper

Inspired by Kubrick's 'The Shining' and Borges' "House of Asterion"

No comments:

Post a Comment